Planner and Senior Planner - Consensus Planning - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Consensus Planning, Inc.
Founded in 1991, Consensus Planning provides planning, landscape architectural, and urban design services throughout New Mexico and the region. Our office is located in Downtown Albuquerque. We utilize a collaborative approach that builds upon our reputation and commitment to our profession and the community while adding value to our clients’ projects.
Consensus Planning is seeking a dynamic, long range planner that will bring enthusiasm, strong writing skills, and a thoughtful approach to both public and private sector planning projects. Our planning projects range from a simple zone change or site plan to complex, multi-faceted neighborhoods and a wide range of community plans. Our Team has the expertise and confidence to handle any size project. We are looking for someone that adds value and passion to our existing planning team, and whose primary strength is writing and the development of long range planning documents.
Assist with the development of long range, master plan, neighborhood documents, zoning, and site development plans. Coordinate with planners, landscape architects, architects, engineers, governmental agencies, and community members. Research and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, including census data, surveys, and development and zoning codes. Coordination and processing of local government submittals and approval processes. Perform technical analyses and write zoning justification letters, technical reports, and long-range planning documents.
• Bachelor’s degree in Community and Regional Planning or related field – Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of related experience (preferably some private sector experience) for the Planner position; minimum of 5 years for the Senior Planner position
• Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills
• Management experience a plus for the Senior Planner position
• Proven ability to work on several projects simultaneously and meet internal and external project deadlines
• Knowledge of and expertise using software programs, including Microsoft Office, InDesign, Photoshop, and PowerPoint
• Availability for occasional overnight travel and evening meetings
• Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and be capable of driving a rental car
• Certified planner (AICP) or be willing to take the exam within the first year of employment for both positions
Additional Experience, not required, but a plus:
• Bachelor’s degree in English
• Urban design
• Graphic communication skills (graphic design, sketching, mapping, etc.)
• ArcView GIS
Benefits include a competitive salary; 401k plan and retirement/profit sharing plan; professional membership dues; professional development; paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave; and health and dental insurance.
Please submit a letter of interest (with salary expectation), resume, writing/work sample(s), and a confidential list of references to Jackie Fishman, email@example.com.
Visit our website at www.consensusplanning.com for more information on the firm and our projects.