Albany County is seeking to hire an Assistant Planner in the Planning Office. This is a full-time position with benefits. The Assistant Planner provides professional and technical planning functions working on both current planning (development reviews) and long range planning projects with an emphasis on the former. The Assistant Planner must learn and apply adopted plans and regulations in a variety of circumstances including answering questions concerning land use regulations, reviewing land use applications, and inspecting properties for compliance with adopted regulations and/or approved licenses/permits.
- Bachelor's degree in Planning, Public Administration, or a closely related field of study;
- Planning experience or other related experience;
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Wyoming Driver's License and have a good driving record;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS software;
- Excellent, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Provides excellent customer service;
- Knowledge of basic planning principles and practices that will be used to complete a variety of tasks;
- Some administrative tasks may be assigned which may include taking minutes at meetings, preparing meeting packets, and a variety of day-to-day office tasks;
- Works closely with developers by providing guidance on land use application projects and regulatory requirements;
- Prepares and communicates a variety of information (verbal and written) to a variety of boards, commissions, and the public;
- Enforcement of adopted regulations;
- Participates in plan and regulations updates;
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $45,000
Apply Online @ http://www.co.albany.wy.us/employment.aspx
Albany County Government is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We will conduct background investigations for the final candidate being considered for employment.