Location: Williston, ND; Billings, MT; Sidney, MT; Red Lodge, MT
Registration: AICP or ability to obtain
Position Status: Full time
As an Urban Planner with Interstate Engineering, you will work as a part of a team completing comprehensive planning documents, downtown plans, zoning documents, and active transportation plans. The planner role will include performing GIS mapping and technical writing in support of plan development. This position will also perform entry-level to intermediate professional level planning and zoning work; collecting, organizing, analyzing, and evaluating data pertaining to the zoning and the development review process. As a planner, you may also assist with building permit review.
- Bachelor Degree in Planning or related field, Masters Preferred.
- Technical proficiency with ArcGIS is required.
- Strong capabilities in document and project presentations.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint as specifically related to public policy document preparation is preferred.
- CAD / Sketch-up skills preferred.
- Technical knowledge of planning principles and practices.
- Willingness to take direction.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please visit www.interstateeng.com/careers
About Interstate Engineering:
Interstate Engineering is a multi-state, employee-owned firm providing professional engineering, surveying, planning, and GIS/GPS services. We offer competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include vacation, sick leave, group health, disability, dental, vision, term life, retirement, 401(k) plan, and flexible spending account. Interstate Engineering is owned under an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, which rewards eligible employees for long and loyal service by providing them with retirement benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.