DOWL is searching for a full-time senior level Land Use Planner to provide planning services by applying land use planning regulation and site plan development knowledge on a wide range of projects to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct research and information gathering to assist in site planning and compliance with municipal land use regulations.
- Analyze site and regulatory data and provide draft technical reports.
- Conduct economic analysis, demographic analysis, and site resource analysis.
- Coordinate with clients on budgets, schedules, and deliverables.
- Prepare land use applications for projects requiring plats, rezones, conditional use and site plan reviews for submittal to the municipality working with/for.
- Resolve land use approval conditions with municipal staff.
- Lead meetings with municipal staff and clients on projects.
- Attend and present projects at public meetings, including community councils.
- Apply land use regulation knowledge on a project basis to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manage small planning projects, including invoice review and schedule maintenance.
- Provide reviews of work produced by Planner I and Planner II positions.
- Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Baccalaureate degree in urban design, community planning, civil engineering, or related program and at least four years work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applications accepted online only at company careers webpage - https://careers.dowl.com