Salary: $1,868.30 - $1,962.86 Biweekly
Location : 300 Sixth Street Rapid City, SD
Department: Community Planning and Development
Closing: 4/9/2018 4:00 PM Mountain
Assists in the development and implementation of community plans and regulations to provide for the orderly growth and development of Rapid City and three-mile jurisdiction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
Current Planner I:
- Prepares oral, narrative and graphic reports and makes recommendations on project plans and development requests.
- Provides local officials, developers, engineers and others with information and recommendations regarding comprehensive plans, zoning ordinances, subdivision regulations and other ordinance requirements, and their application to specific development proposals.
- Drafts and proposes ordinances and ordinance revisions.
- Assists in the design of and implements planning projects, such as land use surveys, and other projects.
- Participates in the development of comprehensive plans and their implementation through the zoning ordinances, subdivision regulations and other regulations and plans.
- Uses computer and software applications to conduct or coordinate studies to collect original research data for planning projects, and determines statistical techniques to be used.
- Provides staff support and project coordination for various commissions and committees.
Current Planner II:
- Reviews complex development requests for compliance with applicable ordinances and regulations.
- Writes and submits grant applications, as well as managing and monitoring grant programs to insure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local requirements.
- Drafts and develops comprehensive plans and their implementation through the zoning ordinance, subdivision regulations and other regulations and plans.
- Designs, implements and supervises planning projects, such as land use surveys, census programs and other projects.