Whatcom County seeks an experienced, proven leader to serve as the Director for the Planning and Development Services department and direct the administration of the Department through accountable, efficient and effective leadership. This important and highly visible position is responsible for planning and directing the efforts of staff and developing strong working relationships both inside and outside the County.
Essential Job Duties Include:
- Managing effective administration of the Planning department including financial management, human resource management, planning, policy and program development and oversight, efficient use of resources, legal compliance, and timely execution of duties and roles performed by the Department.
- Advising the County Executive and County Council on planning-related matters, programs and services.
- Development and management of the department’s budget, including strategic recommendations and allocations of budget resources.
- Working collaboratively with the Health Department and Public Works Department to implement permit processing efficiencies.
- Encouraging “Lean” improvement programs and fostering positive customer service within the department.
- Unrepresented Range 510
- $9,086 - $12,290 per month
- Negotiable depending on experience
Learn more and apply at