The Cheyenne MPO is the regional transportation planning agency and is located at the northern extent of the Colorado Front Range. Cheyenne is impacted by that growing region but without the traffic jams and high housing costs. Cheyenne’s urban area population is around 85,000 and benefits from its position as the Capitol of Wyoming and is home to FE Warren Air Force Base. Cheyenne has invested in quality of life initiatives including an expansion to the Greater Cheyenne Greenway, expanded parks, downtown historic districts, and new schools and community college facilities. Cheyenne is located at the intersection of Interstates 80 and 25, two major railroads and Denver International Airport (DIA) is 90 minutes away.
The City of Cheyenne is the MPO’s fiscal agent. Visit www.plancheyenne.org to find out more.
Closes: The position is open until filed with applications reviewed beginning October 23, 2017
Status: Regular Full-Time, 40 hours a week; Exempt FLSA status.
Salary: The salary range is $55,000 - $67,000
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming, downtown.
THE POSITION: The Cheyenne MPO is seeking a Senior Planner to supervise, assign, review, participate and perform professional level work in the field of transportation planning; and to provide information and assistance to agencies and individuals of the Cheyenne Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), developers, the business community, and the public on transportation planning, land use planning, socioeconomic data, and related matters.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Receives direction from the MPO Director and serves as the assistant MPO Director. Supervises MPO planners and technical staff and/or temporary help in the Director’s absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the MPO Director with administrative duties in association with the MPO.
- Perform technical work involving the gathering, evaluating, manipulating, and reporting of data for transportation and planning purposes and the preparation of this material in report and graphic format.
- Undertake varied assignments in the fields of urban and transportation planning which requires skills in research, surveys, computer modeling and methods, and graphics.
- Develop assigned studies with independence and be able to correlate factual information into comprehensive reports, model input/output, and graphic formats useful in formulating transportation and community plans.
- Manages the projects of the MPO Unified Planning Work Program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent to a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in urban or regional planning, transportation planning, traffic engineering, public administration, or closely related fields or closely related field; and 4-6 years of increasingly responsible technical experience in the field of urban planning, transportation planning including at least 2-3 years of supervisory and project management responsibility.
Possession of American Institute of Certified Planners certification or other related certification preferred, or in progress.
- For application materials, please visit http://www.cheyennecity.org/jobs.aspx
- Email application to email@example.com
- Mail to City of Cheyenne, attn.: HR, 2101 O’Neil Ave, Cheyenne, WY82001