As a Senior Urban Planner, you will lead project management and planning work. You will develop projects focusing on planning policy and be integral to building a planning service within a civil engineering firm. Having experience in authoring, managing, and directing a wide range of planning and zoning activities is critical. These activities will include comprehensive plans, downtown plans, corridor studies, neighborhood plans, zoning ordinances, active transportation plans, and other related studies. Additionally, experience in conducting community outreach and public meetings is essential. The role will include guiding and tracking projects in the planning phase, coordinating strategic direction of planning services with our planning director, and contributing to the firm through promotional and strategic efforts of the organization.
- Bachelor Degree in Planning or related field, Masters Preferred
- 10 or more years of professional planning experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with project management and staff management
- Proficiency and understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite including Powerpoint.
- Experience and familiarity with Adobe products including InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat as specifically related to public policy document preparation
- Technical knowledge of planning principles and practices
- Experience with ArcGIS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please visit www.interstateeng.com/careers
About Interstate Engineering:
Interstate Engineering is a multi-state, employee-owned firm providing professional engineering, surveying, planning, and GIS/GPS services. We offer competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include vacation, sick leave, group health, disability, dental, vision, term life, retirement, 401(k) plan, and flexible spending account. Interstate Engineering is owned under an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, which rewards eligible employees for long and loyal service by providing them with retirement benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Location: Mandan, ND
Registration: AICP or ability to obtain
Position Status: Full time