Sanderson Stewart is seeking a talented Planner to join our Placemaking Studio in our Denver office. Candidates should have a passion for planning and designing livable, engaging and sustainable places. Our projects range from small sites to multi-phased developments. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of Colorado planning experience in land use entitlements, project management and physical planning. We are looking for someone who has experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and experience managing the approval process for land development applications. Strong communication skills are essential. The candidate should have an understanding and general knowledge of development regulations, subdivision process and an ability to work within a development review process. The candidate should also have professional writing skills to effectively communicate the goals and objectives of projects and preferably design graphic skills to supplement written expression. Working knowledge of GIS, ACAD and/or Adobe Creative Suite is desirable.
Sanderson Stewart is a multi-disciplinary community design firm with a simple core purpose: To Plan and Design Enduring Communities. We work beyond the basic requirements and apply creative design solutions that work, knowing the success of the project affects the entire community. That belief has led us to develop a framework for a holistic design-thinking and project delivery approach we call Complete Design. And our passion for creative but practical design has driven Sanderson Stewart to become an award-winning regional Community Design firm.
Specific responsibilities of the Planner include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead and manage planning projects, including development of site plans and land development plans, feasibility studies and master plans
- Produce planning, design, presentation and technical documents
- Prepare and present detailed site analysis, due diligence, exhibits, and reports
- Communicate effectively with city and county officials, clients, and co-workers
- Make presentations on behalf of clients at community and public meetings
- Provide outstanding service and responsiveness to clients
- Forge new business relationships, prepare proposals and develop project fees
- Manage project schedules and budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture or related discipline, with a Masters level degree (preferred) in Urban and Regional Planning.
- AICP certification is desirable
- 5 to 7 years of planning experience
- Ability to identify and generate new project leads, secure work and maintain key client relationships
- Exceptional writing, research and communication skills
- Capability to manage multiple projects
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Knowledge of GIS, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketch-up are desirable
You work hard. Make it count!
Join one of The Best Firms to Work For and make a difference in the lives of your neighbors; leave a mark that will last well beyond your lifetime. Join our team and help to plan and design communities that will endure for generations to come. We are always on the lookout for Cool, Smart, Talented People who are ridiculously committed to bettering our communities and their careers!
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
1300 North Transtech Wa
Visit us at: www.sandersonstewart.com