Under general direction, performs professional planning work by providing analysis and preparation of planning and zoning agendas, staff reports and backup materials; provides supervision and work direction to Planner I and may provide work direction to other subordinate planning staff in the preparation of agenda items and other daily activities. Researches and develops community and neighborhood planning projects and major plans and projects. Conducts research and development in various areas of planning such as land use studies, planning and zoning law, impact analysis, transportation planning, subdivision development, demographic and economic studies and similar project assignments.
- Prepares planning and zoning agendas, staff reports and backup materials; and provides work direction to subordinate staff related to agenda items.
- Researches and develops community planning projects.
- Processes zoning requests.
- Prepares land use studies, demographic and economic studies.
- Prepares long range comprehensive plans, natural resources and environmental studies and plans, such as Habitat Conservation Plans (HCPs) and Multiple Species Habitat Conservation Plans (MSHCPs)
- Utilizes the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) as a data base and tool to provide information to the public, prepare reports, and develop various planning studies.
- Assists with general planning applications, counter traffic or walk-ins (POD duty).
- Attends various County and/or Planning Commission meetings.
- In the absence of the Director may be assigned to oversee daily operations of the department. Assists planning staff by answering technical planning and zoning questions as needed. Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Nevada Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, geography or related field.
- Four years full time on the job training / internship.
Pay Rate: $26.88/hr
Nye County requires a pre-employment drug screen through a designated facility employment is contingent upon successful completion of this process.
Applications must be received by the deadline. Postmarks are not accepted. Resumes are accepted when attached to a completed application. Applications returned without the required documentation or not completely filled out will not be considered. Applications may be obtained and returned to the following NYE COUNTY HUMAN RESOURCES Departments: P.O. Box 3400, 101 Radar Road, Tonopah, NV 89049 or 2100 E. Walt Williams Drive, Suite 110, Pahrump, NV 89048. Applications may also be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or can be downloaded from www.nyecounty.net. Nye County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, applicants requesting accommodation under the ADA should contact Human Resources. Please call (775) 751-6301 with any questions.
Deadline: July 28, 2017 @ 5:00 p.m.