Salary: $63,953.76 - $77,739.48 Annually
Location: Casper, WY
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Community Development Department
Closing: 4/28/2017 11:59 PM Mountain
Incumbent is responsible for coordinating a broad range of activities and operations related to Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) initiatives. Responsibilities may include assigning tasks to staff and monitoring efforts; implementing goals, policies and procedures; assisting with preparing and monitoring a budget; coordinating grant compliance; and preparing related operational reports. Receives general guidance from higher level supervisory staff. This position is driving essential.
Typical Class Essential Duties
- Supervises assigned staff to include: authorizing time off, approving payroll and hiring; prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
- Develops, organizes and promotes all programs and operational activities for MPO and transit operations.
- Coordinates the activities of MPO advisory committees, contractors, organizations and funding agencies; and prepares program issues, concepts and recommendations.
- Serves as a liaison for the MPO with other City departments, divisions and outside agencies including the Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), and Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
- Conducts a variety of organizational and operational studies and investigations; monitors emerging transportation planning issues and grant requirements.
- Provides transportation engineering judgment and opinions on studies and reports; works with various agencies to provide transportation engineering input, information for corridor and land use studies, transportation area zones (TAZ), trip generation, traffic calming techniques and site development impacts.
- Conducts accident and injury investigations after each incident and implements corrective actions to ensure the hazard is reduced or eliminated.
- Keeps current on new trends and innovations in MPO, transit operations and grant management.
- Prepares operational and statistical reports.
- Assists with budget preparation and administration; prepares costs estimates and justifications for budget items; submits and approves invoices for payment and monitors expenses to align with budget allocated.
- Responds to and resolves citizen concerns and complaints.
- Represents the City of Casper by responding to the public, citizens, its employees, and others in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner while continuously maintaining a positive customer service demeanor.
- Follows all City safety procedures. Reports all accidents/incidents to director.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Here is the full job description and direct link for applicants to apply for this job opening.