Position: Historic Preservation Specialist
Wage/Salary: $21.0404 - $24.7558/hour depending on experience and qualifications
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled with a 1st review deadline of March 6, 2017 @ 5:00pm
Supervisor: Policy and Planning Manager
The City of Bozeman is seeking a Historic Preservation Specialist to coordinate the City’s Historic Preservation program. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating grant applications, consultant contracts and volunteer advisory boards, implementing public policy related to historic preservation, identifying and executing studies pertaining to historic preservation, and acting as an advisor to historic preservation related organizations and other members of the public to promote historic preservation. This is a full-time opportunity with many benefits! As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical/dental/vision benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural History, Archeology, Architecture, Planning, or a closely related field; and
- Considerable (3-5 years) experience in architectural planning, historic preservation; and
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Satisfaction of the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for Architectural History or Historic architecture is preferred.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a Montana Driver’s License within six months of employment.
- Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory responses to post conditional offer process.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the public and private sectors; commissions, city officials, community organizations, citizens and the media;
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and best practices of historic preservation;
- Thorough knowledge of federal historic preservation laws and standards, including the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation and the National Register Criteria for Evaluation;
- For a more thorough list of required knowledge, skills, and abilities please refer to the job description.
- Submit a City of Bozeman Application on-line at www.bozeman.net/jobs (click on the application link below)
- Attach Cover Letter and Resume;
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS, SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED MATERIALS, AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY.
Join us at the City of Bozeman, the Most Livable Place!”