Wage/Salary: $18.143 - $21.3447 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
Application Deadline: October 15, 2017 @ 5:00pm
In this essential role you will be responsible for performing a variety of technician level planning duties for the City’s Planning Department and provide outstanding customer service to the public as well as other City employees. This includes verbal communication and professional correspondence with the public in regard to standards and policies concerning proposals, building permits, development applications, and other various planning office activities. You will also assist the department with project scheduling, research and data gathering, preparing memoranda and technical support for related advisory boards and the City Commission, filing, maintaining geographic information systems related to planning, and other relevant support duties.
This is a full-time opportunity with many benefits! As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to positively impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least two years of formal training/education beyond high school in Geography, Architecture, Landscape architecture,Planning, or a related field, and
- At least 6 months experience in a planning office or internship; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures, practices, and equipment; and
- Ability to operate a computer and related programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; and
- Some knowledge of and the ability to quickly learn cartography and GIS, and read and interpret architectural and engineering designs and specifications; experience with databases is preferred.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid Driver’s License (must obtain valid Montana Driver’s License within 60 days of employment);
- Offers for employment conditional upon satisfactory completion of appropriate post condition offer process.
- Complete a City of Bozeman Application online - https://www.bozeman.net/
- Attach a Cover Letter, Resume and Supplemental Questionnaire (located in the link below)
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED! PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY AND SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS!