Open until filled
Salary: $65,000 - $80,000 DOE
Primary duties: provide professional planning expertise, advise and recommend the Board of County Commissioners and the Planning and Zoning Commission; provide leadership and articulate long-range goals and direction for the department; prepare long-range plans and ordinance amendments; supervise permits and land divisions processing; supervise and process zoning changes and follow-up; prepare other plans, reports, and special studies; manage staff and related personnel functions; and coordinate with County departments and other local, state and federal agencies.
Minimum Experience and Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Urban or Regional Planning or closely related field and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in local government planning or related field; or
• Master’s degree in Urban or Regional Planning or closely related field and two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in local government planning or related field; and
• Two (2) years of management or supervisory experience in a planning-related environment; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this job.
Specialized Licenses or Certifications
• American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification highly preferred;
• ASFPM Certified Floodplain Manager certification preferred, or ability to obtain within one (1) year.
• Valid Idaho Driver’s License, or ability to obtain.
Contact: Holly Wolgamott: 208-354-8775 or firstname.lastname@example.org